coffeeandink

Gilbert and Gubar's The Madwoman in the Attic after Thirty Years
Annette R. Federico, Sandra M. Gilbert
Stolen
Annette LaPointe
Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol. 18 - CLAMP, William Flanagan This is the volume with "chess game" where Loligoth Sakura (with her leg in a metal brace and her aspect still fetchingly restrained and damaged by revelations from the previous two volumes) controls the other members of the gang as their "queen" who is connected to them by literal chains and directs them in their physical battles to win the chess game. Also there is much pining and painful accidental touches and jerking-away-from-touches as the result of recent revelations. Also there is hot vampiric blooddrinking doubling as a way to hold a secret conversation away from the eyes of spies.

In case you missed some of that: CHAINS. PAINFUL JERKS AWAY FROM ACCIDENTAL TOUCHES. FORMERLY OPEN AND OPTIMISTIC CHARACTER CLOSED DOWN AND STOIC IN THE FACE OF MASSIVE EMOTIONAL TRAUMA.

In terms of plot and characterization and art, there are better volumes, but my id likes this one BEST OF ALL. I don't think it likes the same things about it that attract its target audience of 13-year-old boys. I am totally okay with that.